New year is a time for making resolutions and most people tend to go for the "I must loose weight" state of mind. Obviously when trying to diet most people find it hard. SALAD IS BORING!!!
A lovely girl I work with called Sam who did amazingly well last year on the slimming world diet gave me this recipe and I cook it regularly. We all love and crave naughty food whatever our size, so obviously It is great if we can have these foods guilt free!!
This recipe really does taste great, and you know there are no hidden nasties as you are cooking it all from scratch!
Beef stock cube (or chicken if cooking chicken, vegetable if cooking veg, you get me).
Beef (or your chosen meat or veg)
Tinned tomatoes, or tomato puree
Light coconut yoghurt
- Start by chopping up your garlic, onions and any other veg you wish to put in such as mushrooms etc. Then add to a hot oiled pan and fry.
- Add half a pint of water and your stock cube and boil for 10 minutes. Add peas at this point if you want to add them.
- Add 2 heaped table spoons of curry powder and leave for another 5 minutes.
- As this is cooking chop your meat into thin strips, this allows it to cook quicker and more evenly. The leaner the meat the better.
- Then add your meat to the pan along with your tinned tomatoes / tomato puree and simmer until the meat is cooked through. Cooking it like this will keep it super tender. Be careful not to over cook as this toughens the meat. A few minutes is all that is needed.
- Once your meat is cooked stir through your coconut milk until hot. Add as much coconut milk as you like, obviously add more if you want to tone down the spice and more if you want much more flavour.
YUM YUM! There you have it. A healthy, cheap and delicious meal that you won't ever have to feel bad about again!
Looks like you are going to have to find other ways to be naughty!!!
If you decide to give this a go let me know and feel free to send me pictures too! I'd love to know how you get on!
Happy new year my darlings
Lots of love Aimie xxx